learning theory, strategies for online communication (instructor-student and student-student), engagement techniques (instructor-student, student-student, and student-content), and other best practices for teaching online.online courses and programs are offered, we must consider how we best teach and learn in these environments. Instructional strategies for online courses differ significantly from those used in face-to-face courses, but many instructors have not had experience teaching online. This endorsement will train you in the strategies needed to develop high-quality online courses that provide the academic rigor expected at Ohio State. You will explore
- Investigate learning theory and research that has implications for promoting student success, agency and metacognition in online courses.
- Explore tools and methods for efficiently providing rich feedback for student work.
- Demonstrate best practices for setting up an online course for easy student navigation.
- Develop strategies for creating meaningful instructional, administrative and social presence with students in an online course.
- Identify elements of course delivery that are especially significant for ensuring quality, rigor and academic integrity in a fully online course.
Complete ten (or more) hours of training from the program elements below before submitting an application for endorsement.
- Core program elements: Select one of the core options, Online Course Delivery Basics or Keys to Successful Teaching Online.
- Elective program elements: Select any of the other offerings to reach ten (or more) hours of training in the endorsement area.
To browse and register for training, visit go.osu.edu/ODEEevents. Not all program elements will be offered during a given academic term—search for offerings that are tagged Teaching Online.
Contact email@example.com if you have questions about this particular endorsement program.