learning theory, strategies for online communication (instructor-student and student-student), engagement techniques (instructor-student, student-student, and student-content), and other best practices for teaching online.online courses and programs are offered, we must consider how we best teach and learn in these environments. Instructional strategies for online courses differ significantly from those used in face-to-face courses, but many instructors have not had experience teaching online. This endorsement will train you in the strategies needed to develop high-quality online courses that provide the academic rigor expected at Ohio State. You will explore
- Investigate learning theory and research that has implications for promoting student success, agency and metacognition in online courses.
- Explore tools and methods for efficiently providing rich feedback for student work.
- Demonstrate best practices for setting up an online course for easy student navigation.
- Develop strategies for creating meaningful instructional, administrative and social presence with students in an online course.
- Identify elements of course delivery that are especially significant for ensuring quality, rigor and academic integrity in a fully online course.
Complete ten (or more) hours of training from the program elements below before submitting an application for endorsement. There are two pathways to endorsement in Teaching Online. You only need to complete one of the pathways (though you are free to take offerings from both).
- Pathway 1: Engaged participation in the instructor moderated online course, Online Course Delivery Basics, is sufficient to meet endorsment requirements.
- Pathway 2:
- Core - All participants are required to take the foundational workshop Keys to Successful Online Teaching.
- Elective - Select any of the other offerings from ODEE workshops, webinars or Innovate breakout sessions to reach your endorsement hours.
To browse and register for training, visit go.osu.edu/ODEEevents. Not all program elements will be offered during a given academic term or academic year.
Contact email@example.com if you have questions about these endorsement offerings.