An endorsement is a credential provided by UITL to reward and identify faculty who pursue excellence in teaching by participating in professional learning programs at The Ohio State University.
Ohio State faculty and staff may receive an endorsement upon meeting the requirements of any program listed below. To get started, express your intent to participate in your chosen program track at any time during the year. Upon completion of sufficient program elements, submit your application for endorsement. UITL awards endorsements three times each academic year.
Endorsement Application Timeline for the 2018-19 Academic Year
- Nov. 15: Endorsement Application Submission Deadline
- Nov. 15 to 31: Review of Applications
- Dec. 15: Digital Award Letters and Certificates Sent
- April 1: Endorsement Application Submission Deadline
- April 1 to 15: Review of Applications
- May 15: Digital Award Letters and Certificates Sent
- July 15: Endorsement Applications Submission Deadline
- July 15 to 30: Review of Applications
- Aug. 15: Digital Award Letters and Certificates Sent
Departments and colleges interested in submitting existing or prospective programs to be considered as a UITL endorsement should schedule a pre-application consultation with UITL administrative staff to express intent and prepare for submission of a formal Endorsement Proposal.